If you have fur friend at home that are still not able to adjust with the surrounding, you might get irritate with your dog. Not only can it prevent you from enjoying your home, but it can annoy your neighbors when you’re away. An excessive barking dog can be very annoying to you and your neighbors, but dogs are not always to be blamed. Most of the times, these pups and dogs are not able to adjust due to lack of training. This is where anti barking devices come into play.
Out there in the market, you can find tons of anti barking devices that claims to be the best anti barking devices. But not all of them are designed to be equal. If you own a pet which barks a lot that irritate you or your neighbors, anti-barking products such as the BarXstop or BarXBuddy can be the solution.
Types of Anti Barking Products Available
In case you need to buy an anti bark device, you have few different options based on the mode of use. These products use negative reinforcement to let your pet know what is bad behavior.
Types of anti barking devices that are available in the market are :
Anti barking collars are generally considered as the basic gadgets that have a small device on it. This device produces mild impulse when it detects excessive barking. It is quite similar to an invisible fence.
Shock collars have a bit of a controversial past. Older models produced a significant shock. These collars had higher level shocks that were very unpleasant for dogs. If misused, older collars did more harm than good.
The device itself is generally very little so that it doesn’t block your canine’s activities. They likewise frequently contain two metal prongs that are intended to overcome your little friend’s ability to reach the skin.
Older collars were a bit intrusive in your pet’s life. After some modern developments, these collars have become much better. The intensity of the shock has been limited which rather than hurting, act more as a surprise. This small shock teaches dog to behave properly.
Ultrasonic emitters – Sound emitters like barxstop work on the principal of dog’s hearing ability. Dogs can hear high frequency ultrasonic sound while humans can’t. These sound emitting devices are used to control dog’s behavior by calming down your pet whenever it barks incessantly.
Sound emitters will emit ultrasonic waves to catch your dog by surprise when it behaves aggressively. The sound is not audible to humans but is definitely unpleasant for dogs. Good thing is that these waves are not harmful to either dog or human.
Like modern shock collars, sound emitters work within safe levels to ensure that your dog isn’t harmed in the training process.
How Does Sound Emitter Anti Barking Devices Work?
- When the outdoor bark control is within range of a barking dog, microphone pick up the sound and unit is automatically activated.
- The outdoor anti bark control emits an ultrasonic sound.(ultrasonic sound can be heard by dogs but is silent to humans)
- Startled by the high-pitched sound, the dog should stop barking, it will associate its bark with this unpleasant noise.
- When the dog stops barking the ultrasonic sound also stops.
- Durable weatherproof for indoor outdoor use
- Use low-intensity ultrasonic, silent to humans, no harmful
- Use ultrasonic sound to deter unwanted barking, more effective
- Detects barks up to 50 feet with the waterproof sensitive internal microphone
- Four levels of operation including a test mode.
How To Test It?
- Adjust the knob to “TEST” button.
- Place the item to a position which is one arm’s length away from you.
- If the LED blinks Green while beeping, the item work properly.
Birdhouses & Outdoor Ultrasonic Devices
Bird house are outdoor ultrasound based anti barking device that are made for stealth. You can use it when you want to target a distant dog from neighborhood which causes problem. The goal obviously being that anyone who sees it will just think you’re catering to your feathered friends, rather than trying to get their dog’s attention in the middle of the night (or during the day).
There’s also other types of mountable outdoors ultrasonic products that aren’t shaped like a birdhouse. There are definitely pros and cons with all of these products, and the way you use them will largely determine just how well they do or don’t work for you.
Are These Anti-Barking Devices Safe?
While these anti barking devices may seem inhumane, but the objective is to train dogs to behave properly and not to harm them. The idea is to produce nuisance rather than pain.
Every pet owner tries to keep their pet safe and healthy. This is good news that modern anti bark devices are quite safe for both humans and pets. If you’re in the market for one of these products, look out for proper certification and testing evidence.
While previous generations of these devices might be harsh on your pet, but the modern devices have been designed to suit both needs – training and safety.
But its better to consult vet if your pet develops any type of sign while using these products as a precautionary step.
What about Attacking Animals?
These anti barking devices are not only useful for training your pets. It have several other benefits for you.
In addition to training your dog, the ultrasonic waves emitted by the device can be used to shoo away attacking animals. These aggressive animals can be found anywhere. Its better to keep this device with you even while taking a walk or strolling with your pet.
You might encounter wild or aggressive animals while walking, albeit at the cost of your own dog’s comfort. The device also has a built-in flashlight to help you illuminate your path as well as find and pick up your dog’s waste while walking after dark.
Dogs in Training
Obedience training is useful for training your dog, but the problem is that some dogs will not listen. They may be focused on other things and distracted. Just when you’re trying to gain their attention, they may be too interested in a noise outside and will run off barking. This can disrupt any kind of training.
Anti Barking device like Barxstop and barxbuddy can fix this. By triggering the ultrasonic waves, you can get your dog’s attention.
Ultrasonic anti barking devices features the following three distinct operating modes:
- Light: In this mode, the LED lights will illuminate when the button is pushed. This makes the device very useful as a torch, and it can even be used when you’re walking your dog at night and need some extra illumination.
- Light and training: In this middle mode, the LED lights are activated as well as the ultrasonic frequency. The frequency is not as powerful as it could be, but this is an ideal mode for training a dog and simply gaining the dog’s attention so they will listen.
- Light and barking: In this final mode, the LED lights illuminate when the button is activated, but the ultrasonic frequency is at its most powerful. This is ideal for not only getting the attention of your dog, but also stopping it from barking. The ultrasonic waves will also travel up to a distance of 50 feet, and can thus affect other dogs in the area.
Buying a dog barking control device can be a tough decision. On one side, you don’t want to control your dog’s natural instincts; On the other side, the constant barking is driving you mad and you can’t focus, relax or have a good night’s rest.
We hope that we helped eliminate any worries that you may have had concerning dog bark control products. In the end, they are 100% safe and shouldn’t affect your dog in any negative manner. The devices are meant to give your dog a mildly unpleasant sound reminder that their behavior is unsatisfactory.
Reference – Wikipedia