Defrosting Tray Review – Its Advantages & Features
Here’s a kitchen tool that would’ve saved me every time my mom asked a younger me to take meat out of the freezer in time for dinner, but I forget. Basically, this nifty tool gives you the gift of time by thawing meat quickly, evenly, and safely; the best defrosting tray renders frozen meat ready for cooking in record time and is large enough to accommodate the number of servings you need to defrost.
What Is Defrosting Tray ?
This defrosting tray will allow you to thaw frozen food with no electricity, water, or microwave needed. Large pieces of meat, such as frozen chicken breasts, steak, pork or lamb chops, and more can be defrosted in 30-60 minutes depending on thickness. Thinner meat, including burgers, sausages, fish and seafood, and bacon thaw even faster. No more guessing at times and temperatures in a microwave, which can begin to cook the meat in the process of defrosting. This rapid defrosting tray uses conduction to quickly and naturally transfer warmth evenly across the surface of food placed on it. Tray requires no preheating, and stays cool during defrosting. Simply place frozen food directly on the surface to begin defrosting.
Advantages of a Defrosting Tray
Invest in a defrosting tray for your kitchen to save time and do away with the headache of waiting for foods to thaw while your family’s stomachs grumble hungrily.
- Safe defrosting: Defrosting trays are listed by the USDA as a safe thawing method.
- Quick thawing: Thawing food on a tray of this type is a lot faster than letting food thaw in the fridge.
- Even defrosting: Food thawed on a defrosting tray does so uniformly, so you won’t have to contend with a cut of meat that’s partially frozen when it comes time to cook dinner.
- Easy storage: With approximately the same dimensions as a cutting board, it’s easy to store a defrosting tray.
Water reservoir:- When food thaws, it inevitably creates condensation and moisture on the surface of a defrosting tray. To prevent a mess and stop bacteria from contaminating your counters, pick a defrosting tray with a water reservoir to catch all the excess moisture seeping from your frozen foods.
Nonstick:- For easy cleanup, choose a tray with a nonstick coating to prevent food from sticking to the surface as it thaws.
Defrosting tray prices:- The trays cost between $7 to $60. Budget products include trays designed to hold single portions of frozen meat, while more expensive trays are typically bigger and made of higher-end materials like copper.
- No heating, batteries, electricity, or soaking required
- Features highly conductive food grade aluminum body with a natural wood grain look
- Promotes quick defrosting naturally for better flavor and faster, easier cooking
- Slight tilt to thaw tray guides melted fluids and juices to the integrated drip catch tray
- Silicone gel strips keep your countertop safe from scratches
- Premium giftable box packaging
- Please note: Not a cutting surface. Do not place in fridge or on a heat source. Do not clean with steel brushes
- Made in Taiwan
MaterialsFood-grade aluminum alloy, proprietary thermal liquid, siliconeCareHand wash with mild detergent and a soft cloth, dry with clothInstructionsRemove all plastic wrappings, foam paddings, and other insulation before placing item on the thawing surface. Maximize food contact with tray for faster thaws. Flip periodically as food thaws on the trayDimensions13″ x 8″ x 0.75″Weight3.25 lbs