Smooth Derma Roller Review 2022 – Does It Really Work?
A Smooth derma roller is a skin care tool that uses microneedles to improve your skin texture and tone. These microneedles penetrate the skin when rolled over its surface. Although it is a non-invasive treatment, it pokes small holes on the skin without causing damage. This opens the pores and allows skin care products to seep into the skin and show better effects. These needles also help reduce scars. A study shows that microneedling induces skin rejuvenation by forcing the skin to heal due to the tiny holes it creates
What Is Smooth Derma Roller?
Smooth Derma rollers are handheld tools that use tiny needles to puncture the outermost layers of your skin. This creates a controlled injury, prompting your body to start healing, resulting in smoother skin (more on that in a sec). Though traditionally administered as in-office treatments by trained practitioners, they’ve become a popular choice for many at-home users to address everything from acne scars to fine lines.
Benefits Of Using A Smooth Derma Roller
- Stimulates new skin cell growth
- Induces hair growth when used on the scalp
- Removes old scar tissue and dead skin cells
- Plumps the skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightens, firms, and tones the skin
- Lightens stretch marks
- Stimulates new blood vessels
- Boosts collagen production.
It is vital to use a derma roller the right way to prevent cuts or scratches on the face. Read the following section to know how to use a derma roller properly.
Features Of Derma Roller
- Smooth Derma Roller With Micro Needles
- Fast Results Completely Painless Application
- Shipped In Secure High Quality Sterile Packing
- Suitable For Acne, Beard Growth, Hair Growth
- Washable With Alcohol After Every Use
- Choose From 0.25mm (Starter) And 0.5mm (Standard)
How To Use A Derma Roller
- Sterilize the derma roller in an alcoholic solution.
- Wash it in hot water to cleanse it thoroughly.
- Use an antiseptic or saline wash over the skin to prepare it.
- Apply gentle pressure and roll the derma roller over the skin – up and down, side by side, and diagonally. Hold the skin as you roll the device.
- Apply a moisturizer, cream, or serum after use.
- Cleanse the roller with the alcoholic solution again and store it after drying.
While you use the derma roller, do not apply too much pressure as that can lead to scratches and cuts. It is normal for your skin to become red while using it. You can apply skin care creams to reduce the redness. Use the derma rollers at night before sleeping, so the redness does not aggravate your daily routine, your skin is soothed.
How Do Derma Roller Work?
“A derma roller works by breaking the top layer of a person’s skin in order to build collagen and elasticity,” explains Jeanine Downie, a board-certified dermatologist and co-host of TheGist.
The process of using a derma roller is also known as skin needling or microneedling. “This minimally invasive technique involves passing a series of very fine needles over the skin, creating micro-injuries, which trigger new collagen and elastin synthesis as the skin begins to naturally repair itself,” adds Dendy Engelman, MD, of Manhattan Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery in New York. “These micro-injuries also create channels that allow the active ingredients from your skincare products to penetrate deeper into the skin, resulting in better product efficacy.”
Though microneedling can certainly improve the appearance of some scars and wrinkles, according to Engelman, there are limitations. “It only works on more superficial scars and wrinkles, and does not work on the deeper scars.”
Are there any side effects or risks to consider?
Derma rolling is a minimally invasive procedure so as long as you use the right technique in conjunction with the right serum, you’re unlikely to experience side effects.
if you aren’t careful, though, it “could potentially cause permanent scarring and darkening of the skin,” says Dr. Saya Obayan, board-certified clinical dermatologist from Skin Joy Dermatology.