Neck Hammock Review 2022 – Your Answer For Chronic Neck Pain?
In today’s world with desk confined jobs, the number of people with neck pains and head pains is growing. It causes difficulties to the people who no matter what have to show up to work the next day leading to a series of serious diseases that cause problems in the later stage if proper treatment is not taken right away. To set a relief from this, Neck Hammock is the solution for those who are suffering from severe neck pain. Read the Neck Hammock review for more details of the device.
What is Neck Hammock?
Neck Hammock is a product specifically designed to cope up with the neck pain and headaches and treating some of its symptoms. Devise has small hammocks that support the head which stress the vertebral space of the spine. With the use of only 10 minutes, it provides pain relief and blood flow and provides oxygen to the brain. The make-up material of the product is soft which does not rub against the skin causing rashes. It is a portal device that you can carry anywhere with you and it is very cost-effective. Now say bye to all the expensive physiotherapies and doctors and adopt Neck Hammock for instant relief from the pain.
When using the Neck Hammock, you’ll find that it uses both the support of a resistance band with gravity. The makers refer to the process as cervical traction because the hammock essentially stabilizes your neck and keeps you from moving. If you ever dealt with neck pain before, you know that any sudden or abrupt movements can make it worse. With this hammock, you get your neck in the right position and do not move it until you feel relief from your pain.
Best Suited for Whom?
- If you spend a long time on mobile phones or laptops.
- Neck remains in stress for a longer period. It could be because of phones or heavy exercise.
- Suffering from a herniated disk or compressed nerve.
- Hunching of the Shoulders also causes neck pain.
- The sleeping pattern is not good.
Special Benefits and Key Features of Neck Hammock?
- Durable Material: The material in the device is durable and is also medically approved which makes it sturdy and good for long term use. The neck traction slings are sewed with cozy foam pads for better comfort.
- Easily Attachable Straps: The loops of the device can be attached easily to doors, ceilings, and railings which makes them flexible and make them portable in nature. The loop straps end makes it easy to hook in.
- Sleep Mask: It is a feature to provide better comfort of the customer while resting the neck on the hammock. By sliding the input on the eyes the customer can have better comfort.
- Simplicity of use: Without proper treatment, the neck pains that are caused after a long day of work or exercise can worsen and causes discomfort. It can cause strain on the muscles. With the neck hammock being completely handy, it can provide instant relief to the neck muscle tenderness. All you need to do is place your head on the neck traction sling and let the hammock do the rest.
- Improves Blood Circulation: Low blood circulation can cause neck and joint pain. In the absence of proper blood supply, neck muscle efficiency can be reduced. Neck traction hammocks help in the better blood flow in the body and provide comfort to the user.
- Replaces Physical Therapy: In the case of neck and joint pains, the ideal option the customer chooses is physical therapy but with this product, the need for physical therapy can be eliminated and thus help in recovery in a better way.
How does it work?
The main reason you might search for Neck Hammock reviews is that you want to know both how it works and really works. This simple device essentially works in the same way that a physical therapist would. If you ever had a physical therapist’s appointment and used a cervical traction device before, you have an idea of how this device works. It lifts your head off the ground and gently separates it from your neck. The process allows your neck muscles to gently stretch and relieve some of the tension that you feel. It will also help stretch the muscles in your back and shoulders.
As you use the Neck Hammock, you’ll find that it gently pulls and stretches all the main muscle groups in your back. This can improve your circulation and let more blood and nutrients reach those muscle groups, which can help you reduce pain in the future. When using the device because of a pulled or sore muscle, it will reduce some of the pressure on that muscle. It does the same thing on herniated and bulging disks. With regular use, you may find that the Neck Hammock reduces your outbreaks of future pain too.
In a professional setting, such as a physical therapist’s office, this is often provided by bulky, expensive equipment with a harness that rests underneath the neck and lightly pulls to deliver traction. However, with The Neck Hammock, the website tells us you can experience much of the same relief using their affordable, portable device.
How to Set up the Neck Hammock
As we said before, using the Neck Hammock is incredibly easy. Before you use it for the first time, you should read through the instructions and pick where you want to set it up. We recommend a heavy door that can support the weight of the device. Though most use it on the door handle or jamb, it also works on any railings or poles where you have space to lay down. To use it for the first time, you should:
- Place the straps firmly around the attachment point and pull to tighten them
- Make sure that the cervical traction device is firmly attached to the wraps/straps
- Lay flat on the floor and place your head inside the device
- Lean back and press your body down to make sure that it can support your weight
- Stay in this position for a minimum of 10 minutes to ease tension in your neck
If you do not feel comfortable using the Neck Hammock, try adjusting the distance that it sits off the floor. Being closer to the floor or a few more inches away can help you get the stretch that you need to whisk away tension and stress.
What Makes Neck Hammock So Revolutionary?
The Neck Hammock cervical traction device is packed with plenty of features and benefits, many of which are praised in Neck Hammock reviews. Below are some of the helpful ways this product can help relieve you of neck pain and how it can be used almost anywhere.
- Scientifically proven — Decades of research confirms the benefits of cervical traction.
- Use it anytime, anywhere — The NeckHammock can wrap around any door, railing, or pole giving you the flexibility to use after a long flight in the hotel room, on a yoga mat on the beach, or after a stressful day of work in the comfort of your own bedroom.
- Relief in minutes — All it takes is 10 – 15 minutes a day to properly stretch your neck and relieve your tension! If your neck is in really bad shape, use it 2 – 3X a day for 15 minutes at a time.
- Melts away stress and anxiety — Customers report that The NeckHammock is so relaxing, you’ll have to try not to fall asleep while using it.
- Perfect for travel — Easily stores in your luggage when traveling, or simply place in your dresser when you’re done at home. Hand washable, one size fits all.
Tips for using Neck Hammock:
- Neck hammock should be used in the instance the person feels the pain as any delay might cause less relief later.
- The hammock provides the most relief when a person is lying on the floor on a mat. While using the hammock in this position, it affects the back in a better way and provides better comfort.
- For the device to work better, the customer should choose the right spot for using it. The manufacturer recommends to use it on doorknobs also but it can be dangerous for the customer as all the doorknobs are not equally strong. The use of heavy furniture is advisable.
- The customer should stick to the use of the hammock for 10 minutes only. Long use on a regular basis can cause serious damage to the head, back or spine.
Should You Buy it?
When writing our Neck Hammock review, we looked at dozens of reviews on Amazon and other sites to see how real-life shoppers felt about this product and the experiences they had with it. We also looked at those reviews to determine some of the various pros and cons that prospective shoppers should consider. While we recommend the Neck Hammock, we want you to consider all the following pros and cons for yourself. If you don’t experience pain, but just have trouble getting quality sleep, we recommend taking a look at the Dodow, a natural sleeping aid.
Pros of Neck Hammock
- Provides pain relief at home.
- It is a cost-effective product.
- The device is helpful in stretching and relaxing the muscles.
- Helps in increasing blood flow into the muscles and helps in treating pinch nerve which causes tension.
- Neck Hammock does not require any therapist and is a modern way to relieve pain.
Cons of Neck Hammock:
- The customers felt a bit uncomfortable while using a neck hammock.
- Due to the lack of instructions, the users felt a bit difficulty in setting it up.
- It can worsen the symptoms if not used properly.
- The Padding on the collar is not very comforting.
What Comes in the Box?
- Straps: You get multiple sets of straps designed to wrap around both a door jam and any posts or poles in your home.
- Eye mask: When you slip on this eye mask, you’ll find that it completely blocks out all the light around you. Some users found that this helped them focus on their relaxation.
- Door hanger: If you use the Neck Hammock on a door jam, you’ll also want to use the included door hanger. Similar to the “Do Not Disturb” signs that hotels use, it lets others know that you are behind the door. This prevents accidents caused by others trying to open that door.
- Foam cushioned wrap: You also get a head and neck wrap made from a foam cushion. This cushion has added pads that cover the base of your head and your ears to help you lay down comfortably. The foam inside wraps around your head and keeps any of the other parts from rubbing uncomfortably against you.
- Carrying bag: The manufacturer also gives you a carrying bag made from spandex that expands to fit the Neck Hammock and all the included accessories inside. This bag has strings with toggle buttons on the end that make it easy to open and close the top.
Who Can Benefit From NeckHammock?
Aside from everyday pain relief, this device is great for athletes who need to recover quickly. In fact, several professional fighters have given positive reviews. NeckHammock can also be beneficial for anyone who spends all day at their desks such as office workers and students. It is also highly recommended for business travellers and drivers as it can safely and effectively relieve neck pain, improve the flexibility of the neck, relieve tension and enhance relaxation.
To be sure that this product works like the manufacturer claims, we bought it and put it to test. While I had no neck pain or headache at the moment, I immediately felt that this product is really good. As soon as I lay down and adjusted the device, I felt so relaxed that I almost dozed off on the hard floor. I could feel the comfort on my neck and shoulders. They felt better even though I had no pain initially.
A colleague of mine who has been dealing with frozen shoulders, which apparently stem from irritated neck nerves, found the Neck Hammock relieving. He has been using this device together with hos therapy, and his complaints about the pain have reduced significantly.
It became apparent to us that Neck Hammock really works. However, while this is the case, it is important to note that the device should not replace your appointment with your physical therapists. In fact, the manufacturer points out that in case of chronic pain, the hammock works best when used together with therapy.
Some of the benefits that come with using the Neck Hammock include:
- Relieves headaches and neck pain in 10 minutes
- Easy to use
- FDA-approved, so you are sure you’ll be getting professional-grade pain relief
- You get value for money
- Reliable and durable
- Very comfortable
How To Setup A Neck Hammock
We have broken down the procedures for neck hammock set up into a few simple steps so that you won’t have trouble installing it for the first time. Just follow them sequentially, and it is done!
- Step 1: Assemble the hammock parts. Attach the neck sling to the bungee strap and connect the other end of the Bungie strap to the other strap piece.
- Step 2: Find support for your neck hammock to hang from. You could use a doorknob, a pole or even a door jamb to hang it. If you have a ceiling hook at your place, you could easily use that too.
- Step 3: Hook the strap loop around the hook/doorknob. In case of a pole, wrap strap and pull the end through a loop. If you are attaching it to a door jamb, just place the belt on the door frame and shut the door.
- Step 4: Pull the strap to make sure it’s steady and has sufficient traction.
- Step 5: Rest your head on the hammock sling and relax.
Why Do I Need Neck Hammock?
This device is suitable for anyone who continually deals with headaches or neck pain. With this product, you no longer have to frequent the doctor’s office or get over-the-counter painkillers, some of which don’t even work. Note also that you have to be in pain to use Neck Hammock; you can reap off its benefits anytime and anyplace.
If your work involves looking up or down for long hours, or sitting in awkward postures, then this device will serve you well. You see, many people these days experience headaches and neck muscle strain because of their work. Studies show that people that frequently hunch their shoulders over and bend down for too long, especially at work, are more likely to experience neck pain and headaches. Working like this puts stress and pressure on your neck, eventually leading to intense pain that can extend down the shoulders to the back.
A result of years of research and designing, Neck Hammock will help you to quickly get rid of such pain and provide you with a lot more health benefits.
Testimonials from Other Users
Headaches are my thing, like I’ll get them almost every week. I was told that it’s because of the tight muscles around my neck and it needs to get stretched often. Luckily, I found Neck Hammock and ordered it online. Upon receiving it, I immediately tried it out and felt the stretch on my neck. I use it every morning and notice a reduce to almost no headaches, which makes the Neck Hammock very much effective! – Kendra, 29
I love stretching my body but one part that I can’t stretch much is my neck. That’s why I looked for a device that can help me with that and Neck Hammock is what I found. I tested it and the stretch that I experienced from my neck was too good! I can attest to the effectiveness of Neck Hammock! Recommending this to my family and friends. – Linda, 34
What is cervical traction and what does it do for your neck?
It’s a highly effective method of gently pulling the head away from the neck to relieve neck pain for individuals suffering from arthritis, herniated and/or bulging discs, cervical muscle strains and spasms.
Cervical traction accomplishes three things:
- The muscles along the spinal cord begin to relax and gradually stretch, along with ligaments around the spine.
- The intervertebral space of the spine expands, which brings blood flow, circulation, and nutrition to the areas which were being compressed.
- Increased circulation helps to oxygenate muscles, nerves, tendons, and ligaments, which leads to decreased pain and increased mobility.
This way, pinched nerves are released, herniated and bulging discs are reduced, and pressure is relieved.
How is The Neck Hammock better than other cervical traction devices?
Basically, it’s much simpler and much more user-friendly. In the past, individuals could only receive traction at a physical therapist’s office. But these visits are often time-consuming, inconvenient, and costly. Today, there are many at-home cervical traction devices, but most are complex, cumbersome, bulky, expensive, and potentially injurious.
What was missing was an easy to use, compact, non-marring, effective traction device that minimized discomfort and avoids potentially injurious stresses, while giving the patient ultimate relaxation and pain relief. Physical therapist Dr. Steve Suddell recognized this…so he created The Neck Hammock!
Neck Hammock vs.Traditional Doctor Visits
The unique and stand-alone benefit of the Neck Hammock over traditional physical therapy is the sheer cost. You often need to pay $20 or more out of pocket for your PT appointments.
If you use a neck hammock traction device even twice, it will pay for itself. You also enjoy the flexibility of skipping the long waiting queues at the doctor’s clinic. You might spend an hour or more at the clinic, which you generally can’t afford to waste.
The Neck Hammock lets you get the same level of relief at home in only 10 minutes. It gives you an affordable and convenient way to deal with all your pain.
You will find this device a convenient way to treat your pain which is the additional benefit of neck hammock. If you suffer from a chronic condition such as sciatica or tension headaches, you know exactly what it means when those symptoms first hit.
Instead of calling a medical office and trying to get an appointment sometime in the next week or month, you can grab this hammock and treat yourself at home.
What Comes in the Box?
- Eye mask: Some users found that this helped them focus on their relaxation. These eye mask completely blocks out all the light around you.
- Straps: You receive multiple sets of straps designed to wrap around both a door jam and any posts or poles in your home.
- Foam cushioned wrap: You also receive a neck wrap made from a foam cushion. The foam inside wraps around your head and keeps any of the other parts from rubbing uncomfortably against you. This cushion has added pads that cover the base of your head and your ears to help you lay down comfortably.
- Door hanger: You also need to use the door hanger, if you use the Neck Hammock on a door jam. It lets others know that you are behind the door, Similar to the “Do Not Disturb” signs that hotels use. This prevents you from the accidents caused by others while trying to open that door.
- Carrying bag: You also get a carrying bag made from spandex that expands to fit the Neck Hammock and all the included accessories inside. This bag comes with strings with toggle buttons on the end that make it easy to open and close the top.
The Neck Hammock vs. Benepom Neck Support Device
- It’s comfortable.
- It only takes 10 minutes for it to start relieving pain.
– It’s a little expensive.
If you want to improve your posture or quickly relieve neck and back pain, definitely check this model out. While it’s a little more expensive compared to other models, you’ll be investing in a comfortable device that will work to quickly heal your shoulder and neck pain.
The Neck Hammock vs. Ohuhu Neck Traction Device
- It’s portable and can be used anywhere.
- It comes in a universal size.
– You have to use it a few times before you begin to see results.
If you’re looking for a large and easy-to-use device this is one model you’ll want to consider. While you might need to use it a few times before you start to see results, it’s comfortable to wear and will help to keep your neck aligned to heal any pain and posture problems.
The Neck Hammock vs. MAX Hero Neck Support
- You don’t have to hang it up in order to use it.
- It’s compact.
- It works quickly.
– It might not be the most comfortable.
So, if you’re looking for a quick way to relieve your pain and something that is easy to use, definitely check this product out. You’ll be able to use it on the go and can easily store it away when needed.
Conclusion: Is it worth it?
Neck Hammock is a very handy product and it should be on your hit list if you are tired of spending too much on physical therapies and doctors. The device is portable, hence, is easy to carry anywhere. It is very easy to use the product and is also cost-effective. The Hammock can also help in relieving the symptoms of slipped disks and tension headaches. Moreover, the device is effective for curing pains at home without any major complications.
Such quality for this price makes us definitely say yes! This revolutionary neck hammock will set you free of the aggravating, life-interrupting neck pain. Loosen your muscles now!
Order NeckHammock from the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Neck Traction good for your neck?
Cervical traction helps decrease compressive force in your neck, which in turn helps reduce pressure off of the discs that are located between the vertebrae in the neck.
Does Neck Hammock work on all doors?
Pretty much! It’s designed to work on any swinging door with a handle or knob. But, we recommend you to use a heavy door.
How and where can I hang the device?
You can choose how you would like to secure NeckHammock device. Either jam the buckle into a closed-door or place the loop around a door handle, rail or hook.
Is the neck hammock dangerous?
Neck traction is generally regarded as very safe and although it is not intended to replace physical therapy or medical supervision, it can be a simple and effective addition to other modalities of treatment for neck and back pain
Are Neck hammocks any good?
Cervical traction is nothing new. It’s been around for a long time and has been proven to be helpful and effective in alleviating neck pain, headaches, improving posture, and decreasing stress.
Does neck traction really work?
Cervical traction helps to relax the muscles, which can significantly relieve pain and stiffness while increasing flexibility. It’s also used to treat and flatten bulging or herniated disks. Cervical traction devices work by stretching the spinal vertebrae and muscles to relieve pressure and pain.
How many times a day can I use this?
We like to compare this to improving hamstring flexibility. If you have REALLY tight hamstrings, then you are probably going to need to stretch them 2-3x a day for a few weeks to see the permanent physical change.
If you have relatively flexible hamstrings, then you probably only need to stretch them 3-4x per week. It’s the same as your neck. If it’s in bad shape, you may need to use 2-3x per day up to 15 minutes at a time. If 15 minutes give you a headache, try to decrease the time and place the pad more towards the middle of your neck.