This has happened with all of us. Many a time we all have lost our important pictures and videos. They were some of the important moments in our life that we never used to get back. Not anymore! We’ve found a tool that helps you find missing pictures and videos on your computer almost instantly.
The PhotoStick – It offers easy and secure backup of all your photos and videos on your phone and computer. And all this in just a few minutes. Khojdeal has created this complete guide that covers everything which will help you understand What is ThePhotoStick? and how does Photostick work?
What is PhotoStick?
The Photo Stick is a USB device that provides a convenient way to backup files in seconds. The USB device contains a builtin app that searches through all the folders of your computer to find images & videos and create a backup for you. Not only does Photo stick work on photos & videos, but it can also find documents. The device works automatically, it’s easy for those with limited tech experience to use.
Only those who have lost pictures and videos due to hard drive failure knows the pain of losing a special moment. Not just the hard drive failure, a spilt drink or a power surge can also cause system error and make you lose your precious memories.
One of the great things about the photo stick is that it also functions as an organizer. Normally, you’d have to sort and search for duplicates among all your photos. But the photo stick can automatically filter duplicates so you can save some storage space. So there are no more excuses for avoiding photo backup because all you have to do is click ‘GO’, sit back, and wait for this nifty thumb drive to organize your files for you.
The Photo stick only comes in three types of capacity: 8 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB. The higher the number, the more pictures it can save. 8 GB can keep up to 3500 videos and pictures; the 64 GB Photo Stick can reach 30,000 pictures and video, while the 128 GB can archive a maximum of 60,000 pictures and videos. They all come with a standard USB entry.
Most of us have seen and used old film cameras. We used to capture all the important moments in our life. Today, old film cameras have been replaced by digital cameras and phones. We all love to record our special moments during a vacation or a party and love to look back on them in the future.
ThePhotoStick is designed to offer easy and secure backup of all your photos and videos on your phone and computer. ThePhotoStick looks like a flash drive and is also well known as Photo Stick and Photostick.
The PhotoStick has its own software that automatically scans, finds, organizes and then backs up photos, videos and even documents scattered all over your computer.
Now that you know “what is PhotoStick“, let’s get down to the second most important question – How Does Photostick Work?
The Photo Stick is specially designed to find all the hidden photos and videos on your laptop or computer. Just plug it in and select “Go”. It’ll take about 10-20 minutes to work its magic. It’s going through all of the folders and files in your entire computer to make sure it doesn’t miss a thing. Afterward, it deletes all duplicate files, so you don’t have to delete them yourself.
Just unplug the Photo Stick and you’re good to go! All the photos and videos are now on that device. You can then put the photos on a different computer to share them with friends, or to print them!
- Fast and automatic – Without this savvy photograph reinforcement, you’d need to sit before the PC and physically select which photographs you need to keep. At that point you’d need to make envelopes and mark them. Such an issue! Utilizing this device, however, doesn’t take an excessive amount of time. You can leave your PC and still perform different assignments. It has worked in programming that is amazingly simple to utilize, so even the individuals who aren’t so nerd can utilize it as well.
- Compatible with all media formats – Whether it’s JPEG, PNG, JPG, or MP3, this gadget will save all of your photos and videos. Yes, including those photos you burned in CDs that are probably accumulating dust mites somewhere. You can store old and recent photos in one small stick and access them easily.
- One-click backup – Unlike backing your files in cloud storage, it doesn’t require setting up an account or installing the software. All you have to do is plug the thumb drive into the port, click the ‘GO’ button, and wait for it to finish backing up. You can even grab a coffee and be productive while waiting.
- No Internet Required – If you have no Wi-Fi? It’s not a problem! You can back up your files anytime, anywhere even without the internet. It’s not like cloud storage that won’t work unless you’re connected to the internet. This gadget works just like a hard drive, except that it’s more portable and specially designed for photos and videos alone. Plus, you can store up to 60,000 photos!
What Are the Other Extensions Compatible with ThePhotoStick?
Aside from the MOV, JPG, PNG, and MPEG4, Photo Stick is compatible with other extensions. These can include the following: GIF, TIFF, PCT, ICO, BMP, AVI, RAW, WMV, and MOV.
Striking Features Of Photostick Mobile
Although small PhotoStick works instantly to back up all your precious memories without you being worried about any data collapse. Let us read the most amazing features that this tiny but yet powerful device has:-
- Simple To Use – Even if you are not that sound working on the computer, still you can use this easily without taking anyone’s help. Thus, gift it to your parents, and they can keep on seeing your pictures, videos without any tension of backup.
- Works perfectly on all devices – It only works on your computer but also on your smartphones and tabs. It works perfectly on iPad, iPod Touch also. You only need to insert the ThePhotoStick Mobile to the device on which you want to use to get it started!
- Easily Transfer your Files To Your Computer – You have 2 options, you can keep the files on the PhotoStick Mobile or plug it into the USB of your computer to transfer them on it.
- It helps in organizing and searching for the files without you being involved in the procedure.
- Use PhotoStick to remove the duplicate files to optimize the storage space.
- Quickly backup the Files– Backup hundreds of thousands of files in a matter of just a few minutes with PhotoStick.
- There is no requirement of any monthly cloud subscription or encryption for this device.
You are not required to know the location of files and folders, it scans and discovers your files automatically.
How Does PhotoStick Work?
You already know that the PhotoStick looks like a flash drive. But what about this little gadget’s working, does it even work as an ordinary flash drive? Answer to this question is partly yes. As long as you have a USB port, you can use PhotoStick.
The Photo stick takes only two steps to function. All you have to do is to plug it into an empty USB port of your computer. Then you have to click on the “Go” on the application that automatically launches and you are done. Once you press this button, it gives the tool permission to access your hard drive.
The Photo Stick works fairly fast. Depending on the number of files on your hard drive & the size of your computer and, a full scan will take anywhere from 60 seconds to a few minutes to run. The PhotoStick finds files that you thought you lost and searches for videos and pictures. You can also use it to search for documents and music files. It will create a backup of your files that you can then access on other devices.
The main menu on the interface contains 4 options; File, Options, View, and Help. you will be able to check for software updates, customize settings, and logs.
- Status area; You will find status messages during, after and before you initiate the backup. You will be able to know the status of the backup process.
- Capacity chart; Identify the amount of space used and the remaining space available for storage.
- Back up statistics; This area provides the user with information regarding the current back up process.
- “My Photos/Videos”; This button will allow you to view all the videos and photos that are already backed up on the device.
- Settings; Clicking on the settings button will bring you the options window and available settings options.
- View Logs; This button shows the backup logs of the current and previous backups.
- Exit; Click on the exit button if you want to close the PhotoStick program.
- “Go!”; Clicking on the Go button initiates the backup process of your videos and photos.
The PhotoStick is just like a USB flash drive that connects to any available port on your computer. Just make sure your computer is up and running.
- Once you insert the PhotoStick in your computer’s USB port, it will take a few seconds and then a window will pop up.
- This window will only have one single button in the center that has “Go” in the middle.
- Pressing this “Go” button gives the tool permission to access your hard drive.
- The PhotoStick scans your hard drive to even find the files that you thought you lost.
- This process will take anywhere from 60 seconds to a few minutes. It depends on the number of files your hard drive has.
- You can use PhotoStick to search for photos, videos, documents and music files.
- You can create backup of all these files to access on any other device.
How Many Photos or Files Can You Save on PhotoStick?
I am sure you have this question running in your mind. The answer to how many photos, videos, music files or documents you can store in PhotoStick simply depends on the model you buy.
- The base model comes with 8GB of space that is good enough to store up till 3, 500 high-resolution photos.
- The next model comes with 32 GB of space which is good enough to store 5,000 high-resolution videos.
- 64 The model gives you a storage capacity of 64 GB allowing you to save up to 30,000 high-resolution photos.
If you still think you want more space, then you must opt for the PhotoStick 128 model. This gives you a chance to save up to 60,000 high-resolution photos in its whopping 128 GB of space.
Where Can You Use it?
Another question at people frequently ask about PhotoStick is – where can I use it? Can I use it to backup photos and documents from my Windows 7 laptop? Can I backup videos and songs from my iPad?
The best thing about PhotoStick is that its compatible with almost all devices be it PCs, Macbooks, Android and iOS devices. This universal compatibility ensures that it can be used to backup photos, videos, documents, songs, etc from all kinds of devices. Even older versions of Windows – Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 are compatible with PhotoStick.
ThePhotoStick works on the following Operating Systems:
Windows – Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Mac – Mac OS X Version 10.7 and later.
Android – Android OS Version 5.0 (Lollipop) and later
iOS – iOS version 11.3 and later
What Files Can The PhotoStick Find?
The PhotoStick can locate any photos, videos, documents and audio files saved on your hard drive and create backups of the same. ThePhotoStick will recursively search any directory paths specified in its settings. By default, ThePhotoStick will start at “c:\” on Windows computers and “/Users” on Mac computers.
The PhotoStick can find and save many types of photo files. By default, The PhotoStick will find and save JPEG and HEIC photo files, but you can select as many photo file types as you want for The PhotoStick to find and save.
When it comes to video files, The PhotoStick will find and save MOV & MPEG4 files by default. To add additional video file types, select as many video file types you would like The PhotoStick to find and save.
As far as documents are concerned, The PhotoStick will find and save Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Works files by default, but it can find and save many more document file types if you choose.
When it comes to audio files, The PhotoStick can find and save MP3, MPEG4, and Advanced Audio Coding audio files by default, but it can find and save other audio file types as well if you choose.
Who’s This for?
The PhotoStick is a good choice for anyone who wants to reduce the risk of losing photos, videos and important documents. If you’re like most people, your computer probably has copies of vacation photos, important documents and memorable videos. The cost of finding all your files on a fried or damaged hard drive is quite high.
The PhotoStick is also ideal for anyone who wants to free-up valuable memory on their devices, be it android devices, iOS devices or laptops & PCs. When you’re on vacation or on the go, the last thing anyone wants is to run out of memory. Plus, your device runs slower when the available memory is low. The PhotoStick solves both these problems by allowing you free up space.
Money Back Guarantee
The developers of ThePhotoStick understand buyer sentiments and know that no two buyers are the same. While some shopper might love the product, others might not like it so much.
If you receive a PhotoStick that has manufacturing defects, you can return it to the manufacturer. However, your return must be received within 30 days of the original shipment date. Returns received after 30 days of the original shipment date will not be processed and no refund will be issued.
Every product you return must be accompanied by an RMA Return Form. The return form must include your order number, name, and email of the person who bought ThePhotoStick, and right shipping address. Returns that do not include this specific information will not be processed and no refund will be issued.
There is another condition attached to returning the product. All returns must be in original condition with all original parts and packaging. Returns received without the ThePhotoStick device, the product packaging, and the insert card will not be processed. So, make sure to preserve the packaging of the product for at least 30 days.
Once the company receives your product, it will be inspected and accepted. The refund will be credited to the payment method that was originally used to purchase the item. Once the return is processed an email notification will be sent. Allow up to 30 days to receive the return credit.
How to Run PhotoStick on Your computer (Step by Step guide)
Insert the PhotoStick into the USB port of the computer. Mostly all the windows based computers shall identify the device and a pop-up window for file explorer will open on its own.
If automatically, the File Explorer window has not opened, then follow these steps:-
- Go to ‘This PC’
- Double-click on the PhotoStick which shall be listed under devices and drives.
- Double-click on ThePhotoStickWindows.exe to install the application.
- When the installation is completed, it will be launched automatically.
If you want to use the PhotoStick on the Mac desktop or laptop, follow the following steps to use it effectively: –
- Insert the PhotoStick into the USB port of the desktop or laptop.
- You will see a shortcut on the desktop labeled as Photostick, you need to double click on that.
- If you are unable to shortcut, then go to ‘Finder’ and double click on the PhotoStick which you will see under devices.
- For the installation, double click on the ThePhotoStickMac.
- Once the application is installed, it will launch on its own.
If you wish to use the PhotoStick on your handheld smart devices, install the ThePhotoStick app from the play store of your device.
Does photostick work on more than one devices?
Well, if you have more than one device having useful information, it’s not a problem. The PhotoStick will take care of all your backup need, no matter what computer you have at home or in the office.When you use photostick on more than one device for backup, it organizes the videos, photos, and documents for you. Typical thumb drives can’t effectively do that. Costly external hard drives are no exception either.
Does ThePhotoStick Work with iPhone?
Yes, you can use the photostick with any iOS devices. Thephotostick is quite flexible and compatible with various devices. It’s free to download the application which is required to run along with the device. It means that there are no additional costs. From there, plug the gadget into your iPad, iPhone or Android. Although you may not use it for your phone at the moment, it might be a lifesaver in the future. To read and learn more about the Photostick mobile solution, visit our intensive photostick mobile review and buying guide.
- SIMPLE TO USE: Never run out of space on your phone again! With just one click, The PhotoStick automatically finds and backs up photos and videos on your iOS device.
- PRIVATE & SECURE: Maintains your privacy as photos and videos are stored securely on ThePhotoStick device, not on the cloud. Eliminates cloud storage fees!
- USE ON MULTIPLE DEVICES: The large 128 GB capacity is enough to store over 20,000 standard-sized photos and videos! Use it to backup photos and videos on all the compatible iOS devices you own.
- TRANSFER TO COMPUTER: Once your photos are backed up on The PhotoStick for iOS, simply connect the other end of ThePhotoStick to your computer’s USB port. It’s simple to view or transfer photos to any computer.
Does ThePhotoStick Work on an iPad?
A Photo Stick works like a USB flash drive on a Macintosh Computer or Windows PC. While it has a USB 3.0 connector on one side, it features an IOS Lightning connector on the other. With that, you will be able to easily use it on an iPhone or iPad. Also, it allows you to transfer a photo from a computer to an iPad and vice-versa.
How to Run Photostick on Your Windows computer?
Using photstick device on your windows operating machine is quite simple. Just plugin the storage stick on any USB port of the machine and wait for the OS to identify the new device. You can see the device name under the File Explorer. After that, you will need to click on ThePhotoStick Windows.exe so that it can access your computer. Then, a window will pop up. From there, just click the GO button and you are done.
How to Run ThePhotostick device on MAC?
On the MAC machine locate an open USB port and plug in the stick to the port. Double click on a PhotoStick icon on the desktop, and click PhotoStick Mac and the Go button. You’re done.
If you have a trouble finding the device on your desktop, check that in Finder. The company also has a professional team that is known for its great customer service.
What is the difference between Photo stick and a Flash drive?
The difference between a Photo stick and a flash drive is pretty obvious. The major difference between them is that Photo stick is specifically designed to store and transfer media (photos and videos). It does not detect any other files apart from photos and videos; whereas a flash drive is a portable and removable storage device which is used to transfer any sort of data; a USB flash drive has no restrictions upon what it can store or transfer.
Photo stick comes with dedicated software which performs all the scanning and storage of media. Whereas a USB flash drive is an open storage device upon which any software can be installed.
How Many Photos Can PhotoStick Save?
A common question that many shoppers have is about how many photos and other documents they can back up with this device. The simple answer is that it depends on which model you buy. Amazon offers the base model, which is Photo Stick 8. This model offers 8 GB of storage, which is enough for storing up to 3,500 photos. The 64 model has 64 GB of storage and can hold up to 30,000 photos. You’ll also find the Photo Stick 128, which is the largest model available. It can hold an impressive 60,000 photos and offers 128 GB of storage space.
Benefits of Using Photo stick
- Productivity. All those hours that you allocated for sorting and organizing files would have been more useful if you did other productive tasks. Avoid spending hours on file organization by using this photo stick.
- Monthly expenses. With this photo storage stick, you can avoid paying monthly for cloud storage. You’ll only pay one time upon purchasing the gadget, and that’s it. Or if you’re using cloud storage, you can avoid paying for extra storage that your photos would have taken up. Instead, you can use it for other, more important files.
- Security. Avoid the pain and frustration of losing your precious photos just because you failed to back them all up. Keep it all safe from computer crashes or corruptions by doing constant photo backup using this stick.
Where to Buy Photostick?
PhotoStick can be bought easily from the manufacturer or from Amazon.com. If you do not want to miss the alluring discounts, I recommend you to buy from the official manufacturer. You will be happy to find deals like Buy two, get one free, up to 50% off, buy 2 and get another one at half the price. Order above $50 and enjoy free shipping in the United States or worldwide from the official manufacturer.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!: Special Offer:
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 it looks like they’re still offering you ThePhotoStick in various sizes at deep discounts – so instead of $49.99 you can get their 8GB for ONLY $34.99 or even their 128GB at over 50% OFF for ONLY $79.99 + FREE Shipping (how many computers can you backup with 128GB? A lot I suspect).
What are the alternatives?
ThePhotoStick is not the only photo backup device on the market. Other products may have the same functionality. If you search on Amazon, you will get a large variety of products. The following are some of the competitors in the market:
Memory safe x is a very similar product Photostick. It works as a backup for all your photos and videos. The only difference between the two is in one feature. The photostick has two different versions (“desktop” and mobile). Contrary, MemorySafe X can be used to backup photos&videos both from desktop and mobile devices in one stick. You can read our review of MemorySafe X here. It is compatible with all the major operating systems out there.
PhotoSave is a small USB drive that instantly backs up all your video & photo files on your Computer, Smartphone or Tablet! It’s easy to use, and does all the hard, time-consuming work for you! External storage of PhotoStick gives you 100% secure storage. You don’t have to pay a regular subscription as with most cloud storage plans. PhotoSave works automatically, it connects directly to your device and backups all of your files.
Picture keeper 4GB
Picture Keeper 4GB is another alternative. It is portable and works more or less the same as photo stick. Unlike other flash drives, the Picture Keeper 4GB creates instant backups for your precious photos and videos. For you to use this flash drive, you will need to download an app on your computer and run it. However, this USB drive only comes with 4GB storage capacity.
PXH 128 GB USB Flash Drive
One alternative to the Photostick is this USB flash drive from PXH. It comes in six colors, including bright red and a more modern silver tone. Designed to look like a flask, it has a protective cover over the outside that protects the internal parts and a free app that you can download and install in minutes. The first time that you use the flash drive, it will search for the right app and direct you to the app store. Its end is compatible with Macs and most Apple devices, but you can also use this drive with an Android phone or a Windows computer. The end actually rotates to let you choose from three different options based on your port. We also like that this model has an impressive 128 GB of storage.
The PhotoStick Review – Final Verdict
In this photo stick review, we did all the leg work for you. We hope we gave you enough information to make a buying decision. We went over the main benefits as well as some cons. If you are someone who wants to protect and save all those precious memories , then we suggest getting the photostick. Unless you want to spend 100’s of dollar and get someone to do it for you, or spend countless hours doing it yourself, get thephotostick.
PhotoStick is for everyone. You only require a USB Port to begin taking the backup of all the files. If you are looking for pocket friendly, security and convenience all in one gadget, then PhotoStick is best suited for you. It makes you free from the montly subscriptions of cloud storage. You do not require an internet connection to take a back up of your files with PhotoStick. Thus, Photostick is for everyone and will be highly useful to one and all.
Have a Question? See Our FAQs
ThePhotoStick® is compatible with nearly all modern computers using Windows and Mac Operating Systems: Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Mac: Mac OS X Version 10.7 and later.
The difference between a photo stick and a flash drive is that the photo stick is specially designed to backup and transfer media like images and videos. it does not any other file other than an image or a video. On the other hand a flash drive is used to transfer any type of data.
A Photo Stick is a USB device that provides a convenient way to backup files in seconds. It is specially designed to find all the hidden photos and videos on your laptop or computer. It contains a software that searches through all the folders to find images & videos.
Photo stick only comes in three types of capacity: 8 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB. The higher the number, the more pictures it can save. 8 GB can keep up to 3500 videos and pictures; the 64 GB Photo Stick can reach 30,000 pictures and video, while the 128 GB can archive a maximum of 60,000 pictures and videos.
Nearly all of them! It saves your standard JPEG, PNG, GIF, MOV, and MPEG4, but it also saves a vast array of file types as listed below:
JPEG (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.jpe, *.jiff)
BMP (*.bmp, *.rle, *.dib)
TIFF (*.tif, *.tiff)
Camera Raw (*.tif, *.crw, *.nef, *.raf, *.orf, *.mrw, *.dcr, *.mos, *.raw, *.pef, *.srf, *.dng, *.x3f, *.cr2, *.erf, *.sr2, *.kdc, *.mfw, *.mef, *.arw, *.nrw, *.rw2, *.rwl, *.iiq, *.3fr, *.srw)
Photoshop (*.psd, *.pdd)
PCT File (*.PCT, *.PICT)
MOV (*.mov, *.qt)
MPEG4 (*.mpg4, *.mpeg4)
It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
To start on Windows:
Plug ThePhotoStick® into an open USB slot.
From File Explorer, double-click on ThePhotoStick®Windows.exe.
To start on Mac:
Plug into an open USB slot.
Double-click on the USB icon labeled as PHOTOSTICK.
Double-click on ThePhotoStick®Mac.
No, that’s what makes it so great! ThePhotoStick® does not need to install anything on your computer, nor does it require anything to be already installed on your computer.
ThePhotoStick® comes with everything it needs — you simply need to plug it into an available USB slot and it’s ready to run.
We use an average photo file size of 2MB for our calculation. We picked this size for our calculation because it is the approximate size of an 8MP photo saved in a .JPEG format. Some file sizes are much larger, such as camera RAW files, movie files such as .MOV and .MPEG4, and photos taken with cameras that can take photos greater than 8MP, so the number of photos that can be stored on ThePhotoStick® can vary.
Yes, it’s a great backup solution! Many people leave the ThePhotoStick® plugged in and do a quick and easy weekly backup to make sure they are continually protecting their memories.
All products are backed by our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, starting on the day of shipping. To be eligible for a refund, products must returned within 30 days and be in “new condition” in original / unopened packaging or have a manufacturing defect.
Depending on your country, it is possible that you will be charged one or more of these fees when you receive your order.
We ship orders out FAST, but we can’t control carrier transit times. For orders outside the USA, please allow 7-12 business days for your order to arrive. Delivery times will vary based on country.