There has been an increase in breathing problems, mostly because one makes and uses wrong lifestyle choices, naturally occurring diseases like asthma, COPD, and bronchiectasis. Researchers have designed a therapy and treatment device that improves the quality of life and seeks to help patients with lung conditions like asthma, COPD cystic fibrosis to clear their lungs.
Airphysio works by helping to clear the accumulated mucus in the lungs, increasing lung capacity, hence makes breathing easier. Airphysio is an extremely timely device for mucus clearance and lung expansion. The positive expiratory pressure OPEP products are devices designed and may be used for natural mucus clearance and lung cleaning.
- What Is AirPhysio Children?
- AirPhysio Children Review – What Is AirPhysio And How Does It Work?
- How to Use the AirPhysio Device
- Which Conditions Can AirPhysio Help You With? Does AirPhysio Really Work?
- Who Can Use AirPhysio?
- Final Verdict
What Is AirPhysio Children?
The AirPhysio Children/Low Lung Capacity is designed for children to assist in the management of asthma and/or recovery of colds and flu. This version is also suitable for individuals with low lung capacity secondary to advanced age, respiratory muscle weakness, or severe respiratory conditions.
The Children’s device comes with the Low Lung Capacity Ball Bearing – For children and people with severe respiratory conditions who have low lung capacity.
AirPhysio – and OPEP devices in general – work by resisting airflow as you breathe out. You need to work your lungs harder to exhale – this added effort forces air to get behind the mucus and helps move it out of the lungs. And as you breathe out, AirPhysio oscillates and creates vibrations to lift the mucus from the surface of the airways.
After you blow through AirPhysio several times, you cough the mucus out.
AirPhysio doesn’t employ any drugs or chemicals to help you clear your lungs. Instead, it relies on a narrowed passageway to make exhalation more challenging and a steel ball to create vibrations.
Feature Of Airphysio Children
AirPhysio has become a household name because of the following features:
Natural Way to Expel Mucus: As mentioned earlier, AirPhysio works by expanding the airways and pushing blocked mucus out for optimal breathing. Neither the use of drugs nor chemicals of any sort are involved in AirPhysio, which is a factor that makes the device quite attractive. Its benefits can also lead to optimal hygiene within the lungs and restored and maintained lung capacity.
Recipient of Multiple Awards: In May 2017, AirPhysio was presented with the International “Best Product” award by China’s third-largest import trade fair, Yiwu Import Trade. This device was presented with the National “Start-Up Business of the Year” award in the same year. Only ten of these were given out for that year. Later in 2018, this product made it to the US TV show Modern Living with Kathy Ireland.
Doctor-Recommended & No Prescription Needed: As described on the sales page, AirPhysio is a doctor-recommended device, namely by pulmonologists for an array of respiratory conditions. While it is always best to consult a health practitioner before its use, it is not a requirement for placing an order, as it can be obtained prescription-free.
Easy to Use & Compact Size: AirPhysio is relatively straightforward when it comes to its uses. Matter-of-factly, all individuals have to inhale and then exhale into the device; neither batteries nor refills are required. Thanks to its compact size, AirPhysio also promotes enhanced convenience.
AirPhysio Children Review – What Is AirPhysio And How Does It Work?
The AirPhysio device is so effective because of the patented process that allows the user to remove mucus clogging the airways and lungs. The Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP) method is exclusive to the AirPhysio brand, providing a portable way to improve the user’s lung health.
The fact that this product is recommended and encouraged for use by pulmonologists and doctors, it’s clear that this natural solution is much safer than many of the products on the market today.
How the air physio works
- Exhale into the mouthpiece to cause PEP
- When the pressure in the device reaches a specific level, the ball bearing lifts off the cone, breaking the seal and allowing the air to rush out of the devices.
- Mucus will become mobilised for better expulsion out of the body
How to Use the AirPhysio Device
- Take a deep breathe (abdominal breath) into your lungs and fill them completely,
- Hold your breathe for 2 to 3 seconds,
- Place the AirPhysio device into your mouth and exhale through the device at a reasonably fast, but consistent pace for between 3-5 seconds until you empty your lungs. i.e. don’t try and blow too hard too quickly as this may cause you to over exert your lung muscles and leaving you feeling tight in the chest, so take it easy and don’t push too hard.
- Most people can get it oscillating without too much exertion, but some people struggle to start with. But once your lungs are at optimal lung capacity, you should be able to lift the ball bearing slightly off the cone and have it oscillating.
- Adjust the device to have the cap facing the ceiling and tilt it until you feel maximum vibrations within your chest, try to keep cheeks stiff to help amplify the affect in your chest.
- After exhaling through the device, you may feel mucus accumulating near the top of your lungs or at the back of your throat, if so, initiate a cough to expel the mucus. If not, the mucus will continue working up to the throat and maybe swallowed as a normal process.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 for approx. 2 times per minute for up to 5 minutes, taking two deep breaths in between each session to reduce the chance of feeling lightheaded.
How to clean Airphysio Children
- Grasp the clear cap with one hand and the body with the other hand
- Twist the cap 0.3″ anti-clockwise (note: the cap may be stiff when twisting,(as to deter children from opening the device)
- Lift the clear cap from the body of the device and disassemble for cleaning
- Pull clear cap away from blue body
- Wash in a solution of tap water and mild soap or detergent
- Rinse all components with tap water
- Wipe with a clean towel
Reassemble and store in a clean, dry location.
Which Conditions Can AirPhysio Help You With? Does AirPhysio Really Work?
AirPhysio is advertised as a treatment and preventative solution for the following conditions:
- Common cold.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
Does AirPhysio Really Work?
Yes, there are countless positive reviews of AirPhysio online. In addition, its patented and award-winning design has also been praised by pulmonologists and respiratory therapists for its ability to provide breathing relief.
Additionally, AirPhysio may help you to:
- Increase lung volume.
- Reduce hyperventilation/air trapping.
- Improve airway clearance.
This can help all sorts of people, including seniors.
In fact, it may even allow athletes to improve their physical performance! AirPhysio is claimed to speed up recovery and reduce breathlessness in athletes.
According to Physiopedia, studies have discovered the following benefits of PEP devices:
- Significantly reduced pulmonary exacerbations in patients.
- Comparable results with other methods of airway clearance therapy (ACT) in terms of lung volumes, sputum release, breathlessness, and quality of life.
- Improved airflow in the lungs.
A study published in Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine discovered the following effects of OPEP use in patients with lower respiratory tract infection (that is, infection of the trachea and internal structures of the lungs):
- Improved postural drainage (drainage of lung secretions using gravity) compared to mechanical percussion (MP) – another method of loosening mucus.
- Significantly improved oxygenation index, whereas the MP group showed no improvement. The oxygenation index measures how well oxygen is used by the patient’s body.
- Reduced inflammation.
However, there was no difference between the two methods in terms of hospitalization outcomes, and OPEP didn’t directly promote the elimination of microbes.
A 2019 meta-analysis and systematic review published in the Thorax journal additionally found that OPEP devices can have positive effects on patients with COPD . However, the authors note that further higher-quality studies are needed to measure the long-term efficacy of the treatment.
With that, devices like AirPhysio do appear to be legit and highly effective. However, do keep in mind that AirPhysio may not be able to treat the root cause of mucus buildup in your lungs. If you have a pulmonary disease, you should get it treated.
Still, AirPhysio may dramatically improve the quality of your life while you are receiving treatment. The fact that AirPhysio might not directly deal with atelectasis or cystic fibrosis doesn’t mean that it can’t help you feel better.
Furthermore, by keeping your airways unobstructed and improving oxygenation, AirPhysio may help you prevent diseases and prevent complications with your existing condition.
All in all, research into OPEP devices seems extremely promising, but more studies are necessary for a full picture. In the meantime, if you have respiratory conditions accompanied by sputum accumulation, you may want to consider trying AirPhysio.
Who Can Use AirPhysio?
Anyone can use AirPhysio to improve respiration. It is particularly suitable for seniors with lung conditions, but it can tremendously help young adults and children as well.
All in all, AirPhysio is advertised to deliver benefits for the following categories of people:
- The elderly.
- Swimmers, divers, and other athletes.
- Singers and musicians.
- Smokers and vapers.
- People with respiratory conditions like asthma, COPD, atelectasis, cystic fibrosis, and many others.
What does each AirPhysio purchase include?
AirPhysio consists of a circular cone, a stainless-steel ball, a child-resistant protective cover, a mouthpiece, the base, and a mouthpiece cap. It is important to note that different steel ball sizes are available for a unique experience. Precisely, small-sized steel balls are ideal for children, whereas regular-sized steel balls are ideal for healthy and active adults.
How much does AirPhysio cost?
A decision needs to be made regarding either making a one-time purchase or a bulk purchase. The advantage of bulk purchases is that the price per unit tends to drop. See below for a clearer example:
- 1 AirPhysio unit: $59.99 each + applicable S&H
- 3 AirPhysio units: $39.99 each + free S&H
- 5 AirPhysio units: $35.99 each + free S&H
All-in-all, AirPhysio uses the principles of OPEP to release mucus, which in turn is trusted to enhance one’s breathing. While this device might initially come across as most appropriate for the aging population, it can actually work for people of all ages with varying respiratory-related conditions. Of course, this device may not work effectively for those with severe health conditions, but mild cases are deemed reversible to a certain degree, which is uplifting.
To add to the latter, the likes of chemicals and drugs have been avoided altogether, making AirPhysio a genuinely natural solution that can potentially restore lung capacity. Based on its features and recognition, the entirety of this device is a good investment. The same can be said regarding its prices, considering that AirPhysio is protected by a money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty. Above all, a complete user guide can be accessed on the official website to clarify any questions or concerns.