A portable heater is ideal for indoor use or for heating a dry, covered space. It is better suited to outdoor use, though a few are rated for use in confined spaces.
It is a personalize that uses convection ceramic technology to deliver targeted heat. It’s an energy-efficient, cost-effective way to stay warm and comfortable all season.
List Top 10 Best Portable Review
Top Rated Portable Heater- Reviewed
- 2 in 1 heater fan: This ceramic heater provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W and one cool air fan, you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting. It will cycle on and off. Adjust the setting of thermostat from 0℉ to 158℉ to keep room comfortable
- Multi protection safety system: These heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. The tip over protection system will also shut the heater off when the heater was knocked over by accident and it will come back on automatically if it is up righted
- Compact and powerful: 8.3 inch x 6.3 inch x 4 inch, 2.2 pounds Portable mini heater with build in carry handle helps to reinforce the potential of rather low electrical bills by using at the place where you need when you don't want to warm the full house with other centralized heaters
- Quiet and fast heating: The noise this ceramic heater makes is lower than 45 decibels, quiet enough for most people to use in a bedroom while sleeping. With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heat to heat up 200 square feet in seconds
- Upgrade abs material: Upgrade abs material applied, which is more flame resident. The room heater with six feet lead cord and 2 prong connection has a long lasting life
- PTC Ceramic Heating Element: With PTC ceramic heating element, the electric heater can quickly heat up the air in 1 second around you. No more suffering in the cold winter. High efficiency and energy-saving as desired. This space heater can be used in indoor space such as office, bedroom, living room and etc. To feel the heat better, please do not place it far away.
- Easy to Use: 1) Turn on the main power button on the back after plugged in, press ON/OFF on the top to start. 2) Press the SWING button, the ceramic heater will oscillate automatically. 3) Choose low or high heat with 1 press. 4) FAN button for blowing natural wind.
- Your All-Season Choice: Two-mode heat to provide different warmth while 5W for regular wind. One electric PTC space heater, suitable for any season. So you can customize your cozy living space. The lowest noise is 45 dB, quite like in the library, never worried about being disturbed.
- Portable Personal Heater: The portable electric heater is 4.9X4.9X8.1in, small body with strong power. It's easy to move anywhere with its built-in handle. Wide-angle oscillating will provide wind more widely and evenly.
- Tip-Over and Overheat Protection: Automatically shut off if the small space heater tips over or overheated inside the heater. It is very safe to use while reading, working, sleeping, or watching TV. Please note: Do not cover the heater or block the air-inlet while the heater is turned on.
- 2 Quiet Settings - including high heat and low heat plus an Auto setting make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in your home or home office. With widespread oscillation this heater distributes warm air throughout the room
- Adjustable Thermostat - with digital display allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With an easy to read digital temperature display you can select a wide range of temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Remote Control & Built-in Timer - allows you to adjust the heater's temperature, timer, oscillation and more from a distance. While the easy to program timer allows you to select 1 hour to 8 hours, in 1 hour intervals
- Built-in Safety Features - overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. While a cool touch exterior keeps the heater cool to the touch even after running for hours
- Fully Assembled - allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working it minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, adjust the thermostat, and enjoy the warmth from your new Lasko space heater
- KEEPS YOU WARM AT WORK – At 200-Watts and 682 BTUs, this low wattage mini space heater is ideal for use under the desk to keep your feet and legs warm. Best of all, because it’s low wattage, it won’t keep tripping the office circuit breaker every time you turn it on.
- YOUR PERSONAL SPACE HEATER – At 6 inches tall with a 4” x 4” footprint, this cute, small electric heater takes up minimal desktop space and is intended to heat up your immediate space at home or the office. Designed to warm you, not a room. For that, we recommend getting a Lasko 1500-Watt tower heater.
- EASY TO USE – No assembly required. Simply take it out of the box and plug it in to a standard 120v wall outlet. This energy-efficient, indoor ceramic heater draws about 2 amps and turns on with a flip of a switch. Compact and portable, MyHeat comes with a 6-foot cord and a 2-pronged plug. It’s also easily stored when not in use.
- YEAR ROUND USE – Tired of always being cold at work in the winter? Is your cube right under the AC vent in the summer? If this sounds familiar, then this little heater is just what you need to keep you comfortable year-round. Produces a quiet, white noise that won’t disrupt your co-workers. MyHeat is available in 4 fun colors (black, white, blue, and purple) and makes for a great gift.
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko has been making quality products for over 100 years. MyHeat is ETL Listed and comes with Automatic Overheat Protection. The on/off switch lights up to let you know the unit is on. The self-regulating, safe ceramic heating element keeps the exterior cool to the touch – taking the worry out of using the heater for long periods of time.
- HEATS UP A ROOM FAST – Powered by an energy efficient ceramic heating element this portable space heater has 2 heat settings, High (1500W) and Low (900W), plus a Fan only option to quickly eliminate cold spots in your home, apartment, garage and basement.
- KEEPS YOU NICE & TOASTY – At 9.2 x 7 x 6 inches, this mini space heater is ideal for being on or under your desk in the home office or anywhere warmth is wanted to save on whole-house heating costs. The manual thermostat lets you control your desired personal comfort level in rooms up to 300 sq. ft.
- EASY TO USE – Simply take it out of the box and plug it directly into a standard 120V wall outlet. Choose from 3 settings: High/Low Heat and Fan Only. The extra-long 8-foot cord means you can now reach more places around the house. Convenient carry handle makes it easy to move from bedroom to kitchen.
- BUILT IN SAFETY FEATURES – Tip-over safety switch and Automatic Overheat Protection take the worry out of using the electric heater for long periods of time. The self-contained, self-regulating ceramic heating element helps keep the exterior cool to the touch, making Lasko a safe choice for chilly days and nights. ETL listed.
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko is an industry leader in personal home comfort and has been making quality products for over 100 years. Lasko space heaters are backed by a 3-Year limited Manufacturer’s warranty. Why not get a second heater for your den, living room, or college dorm? Makes for a great gift too.
- HANDY AND PORTABLE: The Serene Life Portable Air Conditioner System features a lightweight, handy, sleek body design intended to be used in the bedroom, living room, or garage at home or office. It features rolling wheels for easy portability
- BUILT-IN DEHUMIDIFIER: You don’t only get the cooling effect of the portable AC, but it also helps reduce humidity levels, acts as purifier which makes your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew by selecting dehumidifier mode.Wipe with soft semi-dry cloth
- 4 OPERATING MODES: The compact floor AC indoor cooler conditioning unit features a simple electric plug in operation and has 4 modes - cooling, heating, dehumidifier, and fan. Also features automatic swing mode w/ moving wind vent for maximum air circulation
- REMOTE CONTROL: Features a digital touch button control panel which includes the power, mode, timer, temperature, and fan speed settings. Other functions such as unit selector (°C/°F), sleep key can be adjusted using the included remote control
- GREAT FOR ALL YEAR ROUND: With 10, 000 BTU cooling power and 9, 000 BTU Heating power, this is the best option to save space and money. The cold air can cover a room up to 350+ sq. ft. , Air flow is rated at 290 m3/hr., moisture removal/dehumidifier at 15 liters/hr. w/ an operating noise level of only 52-56 dBa
- 360 DEGREE ALL AROUND WARMTH – Use the Honeywell 360 Degree Surround Heater in small to mid-sized rooms for additional comfort. This space heater features an adjustable thermostat as well as 2 heat settings and all-around heat output so you’re always cozy.
- SAFETY MATTERS: This small heater offers multiple safety options including a 360-degree tip over switch, 2x overheat protection, an auto-off timer option and an easy grab, cool touch carry handle.
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT – Always be comfortable, no matter what season it is. This personal heater has fan forced technology and provides 360-degree, all around warmth. As a small space heater, it’s perfect for a bedroom, office and more.
- SMART SAVINGS: A portable heater is an easy way to add warmth to any space. By turning down your whole house thermostat a few degrees and heating the room you are in, a space heater for indoor use can help you save money while providing soothing warmth.
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve heating and energy savings in your home, bedroom or office using a Honeywell portable heater. Honeywell offers whole room heaters, tower heaters and oscillating heaters.
- Built-in safety with overheat protection with a safe ceramic element designed to automatically regulate its operating temperature; exterior heater housing stays cool to the touch and has a built-in carry handle, so you can move it safely from room-to-room
- This heater is ETL listed and complies with North American safety standards
- With 2 heat settings (high 1500 watts / low 900 watts), plus a thermostat-controlled setting, it heats quickly and quietly
- This space heater features wide oscillation and powerful patented blower technology, so it's exceptionally good at moving warm air throughout the room
- The remote control to adjusts the temperature, timer, oscillation and more. The timer mode allows you to select 1 to 8 hours for your heater to run, then automatically turn off. Easy to read digital display and simple controls
- PORTABLE CERAMIC HEATER – Providing fast and heating for small spaces, this lightweight heater weighs 3 lbs. + has a carry handle, so it can easily be moved
- HEATER + FAN COMBO – This small heater and fan is ultra compact but powerful. At only 7.5 x 6.3 x 9.5 in., it fits on your dorm or office desk, bedroom table, basement, garage worktable, RV shelf - just about anywhere you need extra heat
- MANUAL ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT CONTROL – Set it to LOW HEAT (900 Watts) or HIGH HEAT (1500 Watts), or to FAN. Just plug it in with the 6 ft. power cord and get warm!
- DESIGNED FOR SAFETY – Overheat protection and auto tip-over shutoff features let you rest easy while staying comfortable. This mini heater is for indoor use only
- QUALITY GUARANTEED – BLACK+DECKER products come with a 1-year warranty, so you can be confident about your purchase
How Does Portable Heater Work?
Heater uses convection ceramic heating technology to deliver targeted, personalized heat wherever you point the device. It’s angled up for comfortable use when you place it on a desk or floor.
Another important thing I want to point out in this review is that it’s safe for kids and pets. The power button is actually located on the back of the heater. None of the other buttons on the device will work unless the power button has been activated.
The next step in the heating process depends on whether or not the heater has a built-in electric fan or not. If there is a fan, it will help draw cold air into the heater. The air passes over the heating elements and then is pushed out into the room — this is similar to how hair dryers work. This is also known as convection heating because the warmth is transferred through the air. Convection heaters are a good way to warm a space quickly by getting hot air to circulate around the room
If there is no fan in the heater, air enters the unit from below. The air flow passes over the coils, is heated and finally finds its way out through the top of the device. This style of electric heating is known as radiant heating — think of a conventional electric stove with a heating element. It’s a good choice for small spaces and areas where you can be near the heat source while it’s in use. Electric baseboards are radiant heaters and provide an effective way of introducing thermal energy to a room without changing the infrastructure of your home.
Read – best wifi repeaters